Some of the things that individuals and organizations should keep in mind to avoid cyber-attacks are:
- Constantly update your software and operating system.
- Remember to use anti-virus software that can easily detect and eliminate threats.
- Create a strong password! You can choose between 4 and 32 characters, using numbers, symbols, and uppercase or lowercase letters. Make it difficult for others to guess.
- Never open attachments sent over email from any unknown senders. These could contain viruses and impact your entire system.
- Remember not to click on random links from unknown numbers or unfamiliar websites.
- Avoid using Wi-Fi networks set up in public places as they can be insecure.